I have a Crystal 8.5 report that the "suppress blank section" is checked for the detail lines, but the way this report prints detail is based on what types of records are sent in the data set, so sometimes detail print and sometimes it doesn't, when it doesn't the "suppress blank section" works great, but it looks like when a detail section starts to print close to the bottum of a page and it has to suppress a section, crystal skips to a new page but it starts with the next group of data and bypass any other detail lines and bypass a footer.
report format:
group 1 = contract number
group 2 = contract date (always suppressed)
detail
footer 2 = contract date (always supperssed)
footer 1 = print contract note date
so,
contract 1 prints it's header
detail 1 prints
detail 2 prints
detail 4 prints (detail 3 was suppress because data did not meet criteria)
detail 5 - suppressed
page break ocurs
contract 2 starts to print
** there was more detail to print for contract 1 and there were contract notes to print, but crystal stared to print the next contract,
If I turn "suppress blank section" off, then I get to many blank lines, what can I do, so crystal will start to print the rest of the detail on the next page.
thanks,
dan plocica