Hi All,
I've recently started working with CR2008 and I've run into a problem. I need to make a report that compares the results of two different tables from two different databases.
One is an exact database, which I link to directly. The other is an access database that I can modify a little.
Both databases have one field in common, which is the journal number. In each database the journal number appears on several rows (in one there are multiple invoice numbers with the same journal number, in the other multiple cost centers) There is no other relation between the two tables than the journal number.
So, of course linking these two in CR will result in multiple data fields.
I figured a solution would be summing up the table from Exact, but since I have no access to that database that should be done in Crystal. I thought I could use sql for that, but i'm not very knowledgeable in sql. I copied this from Access into sql expression in CR:
SELECT LEDTRS.POSTING_NR, LEDTRS.ACC_NR, LEDTRS.PERIOD, Sum(LEDTRS.AMT_DEF_CUR) AS SumOfAMT_DEF_CUR, Sum(LEDTRS.AMT_CUR) AS SumOfAMT_CUR, Sum(LEDTRS.VAT_AMT_3) AS SumOfVAT_AMT_3
FROM LEDTRS
GROUP BY LEDTRS.POSTING_NR, LEDTRS.ACC_NR, LEDTRS.PERIOD
HAVING (((LEDTRS.ACC_NR)>"5*"));
But alas, CR doesn't recognize the commands and I have no idea what to adjust or if this even is a viable solution.
Any help is very much appreciated.
Sincerely, Joyce