Hi. Thanks for your help. I know what you mean by 'insert summary' and I see where you set it to day. I also found the Group Expert and I think thats where I make the group? When I went to the group expert and added the date field it changed the whole look of the report and didnt show me what I need. I tried selecting the check boxes for 'keep group together' and 'repeat group header on each page', neither helped. When I did the insert summary and added the date field it did the same thing.
Let me explain my report better and what I'm trying to do.
The report is one page, it has a big title and showes the date or date range at the top. (((( Im not sure if this part matters - in the middle of the page it has four columns. City, created, resolved, and resolution rate. There are seven cities, each having its own row, for each city it shows the 'created' total, the 'resolved' total, and the 'resolution rate' which is a percentage. ))))
At the bottom of the page it has the combined totals and resolution rate for all seven of the cities, this is the part I need to see daily. I need the 'created' and 'resolved' totals as well as the 'resolution rate' percentage.
If I hit the refresh button and tell it to pull from 8/1/10 - 8/11/10 it gives me all the totals and rates combined for those ten days. If I were to enter 8/1/10-8/2/10 it will just give me the totals and rates for one day.
What I want to do is leave that whole part alone, I'm not allowed to change it, and have a second page that would give me the totals and resolution rate for each day within the date range I entered when I refreshed the report. So if I entered a range of ten days, there would be ten lines on page 2, one for each day, and each line would show the 'created' and 'resolved' totals as well as the 'resolution rate' percentage for that day. Can you tell how how to accomplish this?
The report looks at a lot of fields to determin the totals its getting, Im not sure what they all are. But I need to make sure the daily stuff is pulling exacly what the original report is pulling. Is there a way to just copy whatever formula the entire bottom line, that has the totals and rate, and then tell Crystal to make a second page and add a line for each day in the date range and basically paste that line of formulas into all the lines on page two.
The report looks kind of like this
Title
8/1/10-8/5/10
City Created Resolved Res.Rate
TOTAL 340 314 92.35%
The new page would look like this;
Day Created Resolved Res.Rate
8/1 10 5 50%
8/2 100 98 98%
8/3 10 5 50%
8/4 100 98 98%
Could I just copy this whole section from the first page and change the City fields to date fields? and somehow tell it to list day by day, and put it on a second page?
Edited by jaardesign - 26 Aug 2010 at 3:07pm