Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Newbie needs a little help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Penguin
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote Penguin Replybullet Topic: Newbie needs a little help
     Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 3:42am

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to take what my GUI textboxes have and then apply what's there to my Crystal Report textboxes.  Is this possible?  Sorry if this is a newbie question but I'm learning as I go along.

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 3:54am
I do not understand your question. Can you explain further...What is 'my GUI textboxes'?
IP IP Logged
Penguin
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote Penguin Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 4:02am
Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I've created an form in VB that allows a user to search a *.mdb file.  The form has textboxes that displays the information to the user and I want to take the string from the textbox on the form and apply that to the report.  I hope that clears it up.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 4:13am
not sure on this one...
anyone else?
IP IP Logged
Penguin
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote Penguin Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 12:31pm
I figured it out.  I had to test it out piece by piece but again I'm a newbie so it's more understanding of what I can and can not change (read/write only).
 
Here is what worked for me.  I called this into the CRViewer load and I created a textbox in my CR to play around with.
 

Dim MyReport As New CrystalReport1()

Dim myText As CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.TextObject

 

myText = CType(TS250Report.ReportDefinition.ReportObjects.Item("HeaderText"), CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.TextObject)

myText.Text = User_Interface.txtTextBox.Text

Me.CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = MyReport

It gave me a headache because everything was telling me I can do it.  I hope it helps some others out there.
 
IP IP Logged
Emir_W
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 228
Quote Emir_W Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 12:22am

thanks to share the solution...
it help me a lot.

Emir W
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum