| Author |
Message |
nix1016
Groupie
Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 40
|

Topic: Grouping records - need help Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 9:17pm |
|
Hi,
I have a list of customers, some with bank details, I want the report to display those with bank details in a group by themselves but also to include them in the generic group.
So basically for the report, i need it to appear like: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Direct Debit Customers: John Smith Bank Details Sue White Bank Details
All Customers: John Smith Address 1 Phone Email Sue White Address 1 Phone Email Bob Brown Address 1 Phone Email ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Where John Smith and Sue White have bank details and Bob Brown doesn't.
I've so far setup 1 group which differentiates between whether a customer has bank details or not, however I cannot get John Smith and Sue White to show in both groups in the two different ways as illustrated above.
I.e. If I don't add a suppression on the 2nd detail line with address phone etc, those details shows up in the 'Direct Debit Customers' group like: --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Direct Debit Customers:
John Smith Bank Details John Smith Address 1 Phone Email
Sue White Bank Details
Sue White Address 1 Phone Email ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If I add a suppression then they don't show up in the 'All Customers' group. E.g.: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Direct Debit Customers:
John Smith Bank Details
Sue White Bank Details
All Customers:
Bob Brown Address 1 Phone Email
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ How do I get this to work properly?
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
Emir_W
Senior Member
Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 228
|

Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 9:39pm |
|
try to help.
you can create some formulas as below: 1. xBankCheck if not isnull({tbl.bnkdetail}) then 0 else 1
2. xBankGroup if not isnull({tbl.bnkdetail}) then "Direct DB Cust" else "All"
3. xAddrs if isnull({tbl.bnkdetail}) then {tbl.addrs}
4. xPhone if isnull({tbl.bnkdetail}) then {tbl.phone}
5. xemail if isnull({tbl.bnkdetail}) then {tbl.email}
Then: a. Group by xBankCheck b. Put formula xBankGroup in Group section c. Put CustName, xAddrs, xPhone and xEmail in Detail section
hope it help. (I hope there is a simple way to do this).
Edited by Emir_W - 24 Aug 2010 at 9:40pm
|
|
Emir W
|
IP Logged |
|
nix1016
Groupie
Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 40
|

Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 12:50pm |
|
Thanks for your help Emir_W, but I think this is what I've done so far. I have a group by xBankCheck where it returns true if the customer has bank details and false if they don't. I then have the group names set same as what you have defined in xBankGroup. Basically I have: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- group header #1a: Group #1 Name: @xBankCheck group header #1b: Name Bank Details group header #1c: Name Address Phone Email details a: {tbl.name} {tbl.bnkdetail} details b: {tbl.name} {tbl.addrs} {tbl.Phone} {tbl.email} group footer #1a: Total # customers with bank details group footer #1b: Total # customers --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have suppression in details a set as {@xBankCheck} = False and in details b set as {@xBankCheck} = True and I get:
Direct Debit Customers:
John Smith Bank Details
Sue White Bank Details
All Customers:
Bob Brown Address 1 Phone Email
If I have no suppression in detail b, I then get: --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Direct Debit Customers:
John Smith Bank Details John Smith Address 1 Phone Email
Sue White Bank Details
Sue White Address 1 Phone Email All Customers: John Smith Address 1 Phone Email Sue White Address 1 Phone Email Bob Brown Address 1 Phone Email -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I need to figure out what suppression (or grouping condition) I can use to get John Smith and Sue White to show in both groups but with different information.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|