Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Help with date ranges please Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jaardesign
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote jaardesign Replybullet Topic: Help with date ranges please
     Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 3:47am
Hi, I have to refresh the report data and enter a date range and if gives me totals for that range, whether the range be a single day or an entire month.  I am wondering how I can change this so that if I enter a range including multiple days, it will give me a seperate report for each of the days, rather then just the total for all the days combined.  Is there a way to do this?  It could be completely seperate reports, multiple pages on a single report, or even a list on a single page of the report.  Any tips.  Thanks a lot! 
Crystal Reports 9
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 4:00am
can you explain with some data whaty you are after?
On first glance it seems all you have to do is group change your report to group on the date fieldset to each day adn do summarizations at the group footer and maybe a page break after the group footer.
However I am not sure i am understanding your request fully...
IP IP Logged
jaardesign
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote jaardesign Replybullet Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 8:15am
Hi, I'm really new to Crystal Reports...so I appologize if this is basic. 
 
The reports are gathering data (number of calls) from a number of sources, it lists the data per source and then at the bottom it sums them up into a total.
 
So, if I hit refresh and enter a date range of 3 days, it will show the total for all 3 days.  I have to run this report, and export daily as well as MTD so basically I would like to be able to enter the entire MTD date range, and have Crystal give me a seperate report for each day in the range, instead of just putting it all into one report and summing it all together.  I pretty much want it to open a new window for every day in the range.
 
Let me know if you need more information.
 
:) thank you!
 
 
Crystal Reports 9
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 8:42am
you can use grouping and do summarizations at the group level (your daily amounts) as well as the report footer level (e.g. all dates).
When you group on a date field you can tell it to group for the day, week, month, year.
You want to insert a group on the date field and set it for daily
do insert summary of whatever you are counting or summing at the group footer level and leave your existing report footer sums for your totals for the entire date range
IP IP Logged
jaardesign
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote jaardesign Replybullet Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 9:38am
Thanks!  Can you also point me to the correct section in the Crystal help files for doing this process?
Crystal Reports 9
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 10:05am
which part?
IP IP Logged
jaardesign
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote jaardesign Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 2:33pm
Hi.  Thanks for your help.  I know what you mean by 'insert summary' and I see where you set it to day.  I also found the Group Expert and I think thats where I make the group?  When I went to the group expert and added the date field it changed the whole look of the report and didnt show me what I need.  I tried selecting the check boxes for 'keep group together' and 'repeat group header on each page', neither helped. When I did the insert summary and added the date field it did the same thing. 
 
Let me explain my report better and what I'm trying to do.
 
The report is one page, it has a big title and showes the date or date range at the top.  (((( Im not sure if this part matters - in the middle of the page it has four columns. City, created, resolved, and resolution rate.  There are seven cities, each having its own row, for each city it shows the 'created' total, the 'resolved' total, and the 'resolution rate' which is a percentage. ))))
 
At the bottom of the page it has the combined totals and resolution rate for all seven of the cities, this is the part I need to see daily.  I need the 'created' and 'resolved' totals as well as the 'resolution rate' percentage.
 
If I hit the refresh button and tell it to pull from 8/1/10 - 8/11/10 it gives me all the totals and rates combined for those ten days. If I were to enter 8/1/10-8/2/10 it will just give me the totals and rates for one day.
 
What I want to do is leave that whole part alone, I'm not allowed to change it, and have a second page that would give me the totals and resolution rate for each day within the date range I entered when I refreshed the report.  So if I entered a range of ten days, there would be ten lines on page 2, one for each day, and each line would show the 'created' and 'resolved' totals as well as the 'resolution rate' percentage for that day.  Can you tell how how to accomplish this?
 
The report looks at a lot of fields to determin the totals its getting, Im not sure what they all are. But I need to make sure the daily stuff is pulling exacly what the original report is pulling.  Is there a way to just copy whatever formula the entire bottom line, that has the totals and rate, and then tell Crystal to make a second page and add a line for each day in the date range and basically paste that line of formulas into all the lines on page two.
 
The report looks kind of like this
 
                      Title
              8/1/10-8/5/10
 
City    Created   Resolved  Res.Rate
 
A            10              5           50%
B            100          98            98%
C            10              5           50%
D            100          98            98%
E            10              5           50%
F            100          98            98%
G            10              5           50%
 
 
TOTAL     340        314        92.35%
 
 
The new page would look like this;
 
Day    Created   Resolved  Res.Rate
 
8/1            10              5           50%
8/2            100          98            98%
8/3            10              5           50%
8/4           100          98            98%
 
 
 
 
Could I just copy this whole section from the first page and change the City fields to date fields? and somehow tell it to list day by day, and put it on a second page?
 
A            10              5           50%
B            100          98            98%
C            10              5           50%
D            100          98            98%
E            10              5           50%
F            100          98            98%
G            10              5           50%


Edited by jaardesign - 26 Aug 2010 at 3:07pm
Crystal Reports 9
IP IP Logged
sukhveer
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote sukhveer Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 7:26pm
Hi jaardesign,
case1:
If your fields 'Created' and 'Resolved' are some database fields and not formulae then it is very simple to accomplish.
 
case2:
If your fields 'Created' and 'Resolved' are some forumlae then you will have to work on them and get the desired output.
 
--let me know.
IP IP Logged
jaardesign
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote jaardesign Replybullet Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 6:23am
I believe they are data base fields :) 
 
Is there any way I can make sure?
 
 
Crystal Reports 9
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum