Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Exporting Fixed Length Fields to Text File Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dyrueta
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote dyrueta Replybullet Topic: Exporting Fixed Length Fields to Text File
     Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 7:17am
Hi All --

I'm looking for help preserving fixed-length formula fields when exporting a Crystal Report to a text-based format.

The report consists of three formula fields fixed at a length of 974 each: the header, detail and footer fields. Each is the result of appending multiple formula fields, all of which have either trimmed the record data or added leading spaces to the record data to achieve the desired fixed length for the given field. When totaled, the combined fields lengths must equal 974 characters.    

Using the Length function, I've been able to verify that the output data meets this requirement. So far so good. The output data, however, needs to be readable in text format. When I export to text, it limits the export only to the characters displayed on the Preview.    When I export to csv, it inserts spaces before the initial record, blowing up my formatting. And when I export to record style, it won't carry over the records appearing in the Details section, and appends the header record to each of the Group records.

There must be a way to do this. Any and all suggestions are appreciated and welcome!

Dave Yrueta       
Dave Yrueta
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum