Hi,
I'm new to Crystal Reports. I've developed some simple reports using XI, but am now struggling with one particular report.
DATA: State,College,Subject,Target%,Grade%,Grade%,Grade%
For example:
WA CollegeA Science 65% 70% 50% 70%
WA CollegeA Math 50% 60% 60% 60%
WA CollegeB Science 60% 70% 70% 72%
I need to report by State (used Group1) the total number of Colleges (used Group2 & DISTINCTCount) and the number of colleges which have failed their target in any subject. The above example would report 1 State containing 2 Colleges, 1 of which failed (i.e CollegeA failed in Science).
Here's my problem, I've created a formula used in Details that counts the number of fails. It only counts up to 1 because I only need to report on failing colleges not subjects.
LOCAL numbervar FAILCOUNT;
if FAILCOUNT = 0 then (if {Sheet1_.PASSFAIL} >= {Sheet1_.Threshold} then FAILCOUNT := 1 else FAILCOUNT := FAILCOUNT);
In Footer2, I then MAX (FAILCOUNT) which returns a 0 or a 1 for each college. I now want to SUM or Count the MAX(FAILCOUNT) and can't find out how to do it.
I'm sure the above method isn't the most efficient :-) so any suggestions/advice most welcome.
Thanks,
K