Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Multi-Table Issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CarlK
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote CarlK Replybullet Topic: Multi-Table Issue
     Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 7:25am
I'm having an issue figuring out how to get a value to display when there isn't a matching value from another table I am using.
 
I presently have it set up so only selected items display as groups from my inventory table, but when I put in a column from my orders table all the values that the company hasn't had an order for in over a year or so disappear.
 
There are other tables I'd like to link in as well, and it seems to me that there is probably an easy fix to get the item numbers I want to just display throughout with eitehr a null or 0 where there is no conjunction.
 
Can anyone help me with this? I looked through about 30 pages of the forum without seeing any similar questions.
 
 
Thank you
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 7:34am

this would most likely have to do with how you joined the tables.

You need an outer join here but it also depends on your select statement. A select statment can turn an outer join into an inner join.
Also joins are not enforced in crystal unless you force them int he set up of the join or until you use a at least one field from each table in the join (which is what you seem to be describing).


Edited by DBlank - 09 Aug 2010 at 7:35am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum