Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Topic: Record Count Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 5:42am
I have created this report that gives me a total number of records by group in an Aged bucket of 0-30, 31-60, 61-90 and over 90. Some Age buckets do not have any records in them so it is blank. When crystal goes to count the record it is counting all the record for that group. See example below of what crystal is doing. It is counting every record instead of the record with a positive number. I want to count the number of record in say 0-30 should be 10, 31-60 s/b 5, 61-90 s/b 1 and over 91 s/b 3
Is there a way where i can have crystal count the records like it would count the record in excel and not include blank spaces.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 6:25am
From your previous post I will assum you created formuals to put the rows into your date buckets.
You can create 3 Running Totals (RTs) do do your counts and under the evaluate section use a formula to include ony the rows with your dates as you desire the same way you created the buckets
Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 6:59am
the distinct work but the funny thing is when I did it before it would not work even when I refresh the data. I had to save the report exit out and open it back then do the distinct count.
yes I have created the formulas to put the rows in buckets.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 7:39am
as an FYI-
assuming the 'date bucket formulas' are crystal formulas be carefull with the DistinctCount. If you did not group and put eh DC at the group level and the DC is of the formula fields they will be 1 more than the actual number as the 'blank' rows will be counted as 1 distinct row.
Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 8:05am
@DBlank you are so right I'm sitting here wondering why I'm off buy 1 here 2 there. The numbers are not tying out. Everything is crystal formulas and the distinct count is at the group level.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum