Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Conditional Suppression Problems Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
BadBoyHouse
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Quote BadBoyHouse Replybullet Topic: Conditional Suppression Problems
     Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 4:45am
I've got a client statement report in which I want to exclude all grand totals if they are less than zero.
 
The grand total field is a running total (using whileprintingrecords) hence I'm looking to do this using conditional suppression. If I try to use the select expert I just get "this formula cannot be used because it must be evaluated later".
 
I've got the conditional suppression set using the following basic formula/criteria:
 
{@Total} < 0 so that it suppresses each section if the total is less than zero.  This works fine for most of the sections however in the Detail section it suppresses all apart from the first entry (see the screenshot below).
 
This has been baffling me for the last few hours.  Can anyone suggest a fix?

 

 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 5:09am
Can't see the screen image but in general if you are using a whileprintingrecords you cannot use the final value until it is created (e.g. AFTER the last row is printed)
If you need to suppress items earlier, like headers then the value must be generated before the header is. The insert Summary option generates it values before the rows are printed and it can be used in this way.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum