Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Help needed with Dynamic Cascading Prompts Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
raj.rajesh7
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote raj.rajesh7 Replybullet Topic: Help needed with Dynamic Cascading Prompts
     Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 8:30pm
Hi,

I am trying to design a report in CR 2008 using Universe as a Data Source. I want to create dynamic cascading prompts for the scenario like
Country-->State-->City-->Districts

I have two dropdowns say
1. Country
2. State
And a multiple select list box say
City

When I select a country all the states for that country has to be listed in the state dropdown.
When I select a state all the cities for that state has to be listed the city listbox.
Finally there should be a textbox to search through the districts of selected cities.

Please provide me a solution for this ASAP as this is very urgent.
Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh R
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 3:44am
usually I create Command objects that will query the correct tables to gather a list of all the countries in one object, one for states with a country link, another with the cities with a state link, and finally districts with a district link.  This is also the place to add an ' All' selection option.
 
then in the cascading parameters, display from the different command objects and use the links to each level to join the tables.  I don't know about the textbox at the end as I believe that it will be list of available districts in this case.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum