Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to avoid Multiple Rows Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
flintwood
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote flintwood Replybullet Topic: How to avoid Multiple Rows
     Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 11:22am
 This is the scenario:
 
 page header        Mon                  Tue               Wed                 Thu    
 
detail            1345-0490       2845-0978          3743-5438       4821-238     
 
 
The numbers are ( Route# - Sequence#   ) which I have joined from two tables. Now the first number from the route# (1345) is actually the day of the week, so 1345 is for monday and 2845 is for tuesday and so forth. I have written a formula to extract the first number from the route# and equal that to 1, 2, 3 and so on and named each formula mon, tue, wed and so mon = 1, tue =2, wed =3 and so on. the corresponding sequence numbers have been matched to the route#'s and are working fine. w'hen I run the report the numbers are showing correctly for each customer but I dont get more than one cloumn per customer. In their original report they see several columns filled in for mon, tue, wed for the same customer. In my report the (route#-sequence# )  are shwoing in different lines, not in the same row. So I tried using array variables and several other formulas to show the numbers in the same line. This is what I am getting
 
 
Mon                Tue                      Wed                  Thu              Fri    
                    
1345-0490
 
                     2845-0978
 
                                               3743-5438 
 
                                                                        4821-4321     
 
 
Now this is causing duplicate rows because the same customer number is repeated for each route-seq occurence. Do you have any idea on how do display them in one row or in one line instead like how its shown in the first illustration? Any help will be appreciated.
FW
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 11:27am
Is this being grouped by customer?  If so, suppress the GH and details and put the fields in the GF. 
I hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
flintwood
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote flintwood Replybullet Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 6:05am
I tried putting the fields in the GF, but it didnt work.
FW
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 7:21am
I am sorry I have not got back to you sooner (I was out of the office last week).  Anyhow I apparently am missing something.  When you put the fields in the GF, what happened?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum