Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 40
Topic: How do I sort this? Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 11:02pm
I need to sort a group by month & year. Basically the field I sort with is in a date format and I use month() to get the month and then translate that to word so 1= january, 2 = february etc. I then append the year to that.
Now I can't sort by ascending or descending because it's in string format and it would sort alphabetically. I can't sort using specific order either because the year changes and I can't append the year dynamically to the group name. Basically I need the group headers to display something like:
November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 etc
Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 40
Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 11:43am
The thing is it has to be string field because the group name is a variable depending on what the user chooses. I.e. they can group by date, or priority or area, etc so I have to convert the date field to a string in order to use it as the group name.
Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 40
Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 1:23pm
I changed the report so that it no longer uses dynamic grouping and I'm using the date as the group header shown in the Month-Year format, however, it is grouping by date rather than month even though it is showing Month, so if I have two records: 01/01/2010 and 02/01/2010, they are showing under 2 different groups both 'January 2010'. How do I put them under the same group?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum