Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Flexible Lines? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mike.o
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote mike.o Replybullet Topic: Flexible Lines?
     Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 2:01pm
Hello and thanks for looking at my topic.

I'm trying to make a service form and for the part "Service Requested" I want to have the text object expand if the Service Requested field exceeds the current size of the text object.
How can I do this in Crystal Reports XI?

Another question I have is how can I find out the page numbers or determine where to put the markers to show where a page ends/begins?

Thanks
M
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 5:15am
The first question shold be pretty easy.  If you right click on the text object, you can click on 'Format Text" and then click on the 'Can Grow' box.
 
As far as page numbering,  it is pretty automatic from CR (special fields).  The only control we have is where it is placed.
IP IP Logged
mike.o
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote mike.o Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 8:55am
O ok, thanks! Is there also a way to have a comment field? A field that is viewable upon opening the report, but not printed?
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 9:20am
Not from Crystal.  If you were calling the report from an outside application, I think that would be possible.
IP IP Logged
mike.o
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote mike.o Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 9:29am
hmm ok thanks a lot
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum