Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Report doesn't work with infoview Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sven2
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Location: Belgium
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote sven2 Replybullet Topic: Report doesn't work with infoview
     Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 9:34pm
Hello,
 
I have made a report that works perfect in Crystal reports.
 
When I put this report in BO (infoview) and I run it, I get an error about the recordselection. The error says that the parameterfield is unknown ???
 
So when I run the report without a recordselection it works ... when I use a recordselection it doesn't work
 
What can be the reason for this behavior?
 
Thanks in advance,
Sven.
 


Edited by sven2 - 02 Aug 2010 at 10:54pm
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 5:00am
Are you sure that you are using the same data source (i.e, ODBC pointing to the same DB)?  I can't think of anything else.
IP IP Logged
sven2
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Location: Belgium
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote sven2 Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 2:26am
Hello,
 
indeed, that was the problem (ODBC connection didn't work).
 
But now this is solved there is still a problem with the dynamic parameters in BO Enterprise. If I click on the parameterfield, BO Enterprise is asking for username and password and keep asking this over and over.
 
So I can run the report but I cant't change the parameters?
 
What can I do about that?
 
Thanks in advance,
Sven.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 4:50am
There is an option when setting up the 'Database Configuration' at the bottom of the screen.  Be sure that 'Use same database logon as when report is run' is selected.  If it already is, then I do not know what the issue is.
 
I have heard (but not seen) that there are issues with dynamic parameters with some older versions of Crystal Enterprise.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum