Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Server 2008 vs BO Enterprise Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Kwirky
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Quote Kwirky Replybullet Topic: Crystal Server 2008 vs BO Enterprise
     Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 12:41am
Hi,
We are due to deploy CR Server 2008 shortly and I have had a hard time fonding training in Oz, however I have been trained in Business Objects Enterprise XI.
 
Can anyone confirm how the two compare? If I am proficient in BO Enterprise, will the transition be similar.
 
This may be a daft question, but I have not been able to get a definitive answer and I do not want to stuff this up Smile
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 4:57am
I have seen BO, and received a little bit of training in it.  From what I have seen BO is very powerful, but the user interface is a bit hard to use.  CR 2008 has a good user interface but not as powerful.
Probably the biggest stumbing block will be to learn the differences on how to create groups (and their limitations), parameters and formulas.  Of course I come here almost every day to learn more about CR and I have been creating CR reports for years.
IP IP Logged
Kwirky
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Quote Kwirky Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 1:33pm
Thanks for your reply.
 
I am a massive fan of CR (I know, I am a geek, and proud of it!!!!) and want to know as much as I can so that I can be of maximum benefit to my employer (plus I do get a thrill!!)
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 4:56am
I would suggest picking up a good bood of CR.  The host of this web site has some books, I have not seen any of them, but a number of the posts say good things about them.
 
I have used books written by George Peck.  A pretty good reference, maybe not the best to try to learn from.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum