Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: NULL values Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kdrinkwater
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote kdrinkwater Replybullet Topic: NULL values
     Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 3:53am
I am trying to generate a report for all active employees (those without Termination Dates).  In our accounting software report designer I would condition for "Termination Dates equal to BLANK" (all employees without a termination date).  In Crystal, this condition doesn't work.  I tried using the NULL value, but I'm apparently doing this wrong.  This is my first report so there's a lot I don't know!  Please help if you can!
Kari Drinkwater
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 5:04am
I'm not the best with Null values and no expert at Crystal, but to get a selection off a field with no information I sometimes use something like:
 
len({table.terminationdate})=0
 
That is of course if the fields are coming through with absolutely no data.
|< /\ '][' ( )
IP IP Logged
Emir_W
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 228
Quote Emir_W Replybullet Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 7:36pm
in Selection Formula - Record:
 
isnull({table.terminationdate})
 
 
hope it help.
 
Emir W
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum