Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Summary within a group Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jrs2345
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote jrs2345 Replybullet Topic: Summary within a group
     Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 5:51am
Not sure the best way to explain, so I'll stab at an example.
 
I have a string of data like this:
NameA 2009
NameA 2008
NameA 2008
NameA 2007
NameB 2010
NameB 2010
NameB 2008
NameB 2007
 
I want to count that NameA has records for 3 consecutive years and NameB has records for 1 year, then 2 years. I have limited permissions and cannot create views or stored procedures. Is there a way to do this in Crystal XI?
 
Thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 3:32am
you could create a global string variable and store the information.  you would need to update/keep track of how you are storing.  if you are looking for records in 1 year and consecutive years/different years and you want to return for all names at once, that is going to be a big job...if you doing for just 1 name, then it would be much simpler.
 
I use multiply delimited strings for many names, for just 1 name you could use global variable and just increment them as needed and report on them in the group footer.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum