Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Topic: Setting static field length Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 5:48am
I am trying to be able to set a fixed length for a field. For example, querying a table, one of the fields returned can be a little as 2 characters, up to 10 characters. I want the field length to always be 20 characters long, with spaces following data. E.G. (123abc )
I haven't found a formula to achieve this and any help would be greatly appreciated. On XI.
Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 7:18am
Thanks for the quick response. However, checking syntax, I receive an error on the " " segment. It's looking for a number, currency amount, date, date/time. here's what I tried:
Left ({CBCHECK.SERIAL-NUM} + " ",20 ) where cbcheck.serial-num is the database field.
Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 7:47am
That worked, thanks. However, that formula assumes the database field is constant, e.g. 3 characters long. Therefore, If I put 3 spaces in between the quotes, my field is 6 characters, regardless of the last variable, 20.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum