Topic: HELP please! Array select statement driving me mad Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 11:24pm
Dear all,
I have a select statement nightmare, the database I'm reporting on has no published schema and a host of confused reporters. I've almost cracked our reporting problem but the records I'm reporting on are missing an important indicator so I need as a final step in my select stement to work out if the last (max date) of any line record relating to the main record is in the current financial year. The section in blue below is where I am stuck... any assistance greatfully recieved!
If IsNull({NMLTRX.JVREF}) then {Available_.Dept} = "London Capital Development" and {NMLTRX.PERIOD} > "101100" and {NMLTRX.GLCODE} startswith "1A" else If {RSSPOHEAD.ORD_DATE} > 20100331 then {Available_.Dept} = "London Capital Development" and {NMLTRX.PERIOD} > "101100" and {NMLTRX.GLCODE} startswith "1A" else for {NMLTRX.JVREF} as Interger = 0000001 - 9999999 {Available_.Dept} = "London Capital Development" and {NMLTRX.GLCODE} startswith "1A" and Max ({RSSPOLINE.REC_DATE}) > 20100331 next {NMLTRX.JVREF}
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 3:23am
wrong code for a 'for' loop, not to mention, CR is only looking at 1 record, and won't read through the records in this method, and since you never reference jvref in the loop, all the data is always the same, so might as will just do an if statement and be done with it.
best solution for what you are doing is a stored proc on the database, then you can query the data and just get what you want.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum