Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppress Group Header when Group Footer value is 0 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Elisha83
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Location: Malaysia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Elisha83 Replybullet Topic: Suppress Group Header when Group Footer value is 0
     Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 12:11am
Hi there~
 
I need guidance on how to suppress my Group Header if my Group Footer value is 0. The value in my Group Footer is shared out from my subreport.
I manage to suppress my Group Footer but not my Group Header.
 
 
Please advice... Big%20smile
 
 
Thanks in advance~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
3Lish@
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 3:25am

You can use shared varaiables but you have to have the sub-report run above the area that you want to suppress so you can make it run in GH1a, return the value then suppress the heading in gh1b based ont he result

IP IP Logged
Elisha83
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Location: Malaysia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Elisha83 Replybullet Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 4:12am
DBlank,
 
My report has 3 level of grouping. 1st Grouping is location, 2nd grouping is item class and 3rd grouping is item code. If I put my subreport in GH2a, then my shared variable for total value shown in GF2 will not show correctly. I manage to suppress my GF2 but not GH2.
 
What can I do to solve this problem?Kindly advice..
 
 
Thanks in advance~ Smile
3Lish@
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 4:35am

You are trying to supress based on a sub report value / shared variable, correct?

You can only suppress items that appear after the palcement of the variable.
 You can put the sub report in both the header and the footer and run it twice which will slow your report down but I thinkit is your only option.
IP IP Logged
Elisha83
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Location: Malaysia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Elisha83 Replybullet Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 4:48am
DBlank,
 
Yes, im trying to suppress based on subreport value. If that case,  I have no choice then. Thanks for your help~ Big%20smile
3Lish@
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum