Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Merging Data Bases Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
shoe
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote shoe Replybullet Topic: Merging Data Bases
     Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 11:24am
Using Crystal Reports XI.  I am a very baisc user. 
 
I have two data bases where the fields are exactly the same, only one is Dead Orders and the other is Orders.  I need to run reports that draw data from both reports equally.  Since linked data bases have a "from to" relationship,I have been unable to create any reports as none of the data on either table is "from to" dependent.
 
Also, assuming I can get these data bases to merge, how do I merge the display fields so that one record does not overwrite the other?  As an example how do i get Dead Orders customer name and  Orders customer name to appear in the same column?
 
Thanks for any help offered.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 11:54am
You could use a crystal Command to Union the 2 tables togther and then use that as your source
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum