Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Report design on Windows 2003 server Posted: 14 Jan 2007 at 1:08pm
I have the need to customise reports that are in use within Epicor Vantage software. I am having a problem opening previously previewed reports with a view to modifying the said report. The report when selected seems to take forever to open and on some occasions has failed completely, any ideas gratefully received.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 14 Jan 2007 at 2:35pm
It could be the version that the Epicor software is using. For example, I have a Palm application and they still use CR 6.0 reports. With .NET 2005 I would be that you are having compatiblity issues with the version. Depends on when the Epicor software was released. Have you tried opening the reports with Crystal Reports XI?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 15 Jan 2007 at 2:49pm
Thanks for the reply, I think I may have had some kind of corrupted file as a lot of messing about came to nothing. I took the plunge and did a 'repair' install from within xp control panel and all seems to be working again. Out of interest I am using XI, the odd part was that I could open the sample reports but not the ones in Vantage that I had previously edited.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum