Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Full outer join on two command objects Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
thunderball
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Jun 2010
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote thunderball Replybullet Topic: Full outer join on two command objects
     Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 8:03pm

I am using two command objects one for each SQL query.The database is DB2.

I need to link these command objects using a full outer join. The checkbox for full outer join is disabled in Crystal Reports.

Since these two command objects refer to queries in two different databases I can’t use a UNION clause.

Please let me know how can I do full outer join on 2 command objects



Edited by thunderball - 17 Jul 2010 at 3:10am
IP IP Logged
kcalixtro
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote kcalixtro Replybullet Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 7:35am
I have the same issue. I have to pull data from 2 database servers located on 2 separate cities. The databases are NOT SQL server. There is no option to pull from one database server to the other. So I have created 2 Command objects in Crystal and they pull the data fine. But when I have to group by fields, the comon fields are considered different fields because Crystal prequalifies the field names with the command names.  For example:  WantedField from CommandOne is CommandOne.WantedField and the same field is CommandTwo.WantedField when it comes from CommandTwo.
Did you find a way around this problem? Does anyone knows a way around? Please let me know
Thanks,
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum