Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Topic: How to disregard case sensitivity Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 5:39am
I am using a parameter field "last name". When I'm prompted to enter the name in the report, if I don't enter the same case (proper or all caps) used in the database, it won't pull up the record.
Is there a formula I can use that will disregard the case sensitivity for the parameter?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 5:58am
probably depends on how you are getting the data. If you are joining to the tables directly and filter the data using the Report/Selection Formula/Record you can use LowerCase({@parameter}) = LowerCase({table.field}).
In a stored proc, you can do the same sort of thing.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum