Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to disregard case sensitivity Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Jenny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote Jenny Replybullet Topic: How to disregard case sensitivity
     Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 5:39am
I am using a parameter field "last name". When I'm prompted to enter the name in the report, if I don't enter the same case (proper or all caps) used in the database, it won't pull up the record.

Is there a formula I can use that will disregard the case sensitivity for the parameter?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 5:58am
probably depends on how you are getting the data.  If you are joining to the tables directly and filter the data using the Report/Selection Formula/Record you can use LowerCase({@parameter}) = LowerCase({table.field}).
 
In a stored proc, you can do the same sort of thing.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Jenny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote Jenny Replybullet Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 6:27am
That worked. Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum