Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Erratic Data Return Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
FredOh
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote FredOh Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 5:28am

Ya, very weird....

I just tried it and it does the same thing in Access on the same values. 
 
I also tried to creating  an identical line as the ones that are not coming through and the new ones I create DO show up. So it must be some sort of corruption of those fields but I can't for the life of me see what it is.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 5:31am

You will obviously have to fix your source data and your report will 'fix' itself.

If you have the OK I would fix the date field in one row in one table and see if that fixes the link and then go from there.
IP IP Logged
FredOh
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote FredOh Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 5:39am
I edited both the ID and Date fields for one line. It's the date field. Once I reentered the date the line should up. 
 
So it is corrupted dates.  Thanks for guiding me on the hunt.  
 
Any thoughts on how to clean all those dates? It's a big table and not something that can reasonably be done manually.
IP IP Logged
FredOh
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote FredOh Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 5:50am
I changed the view format of the dates in the Access table and the ones that aren't coming through have a time of day as well as the date on the line.  Do you know is there any way to tuncate these so that it's just the date?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 5:53am
that was my guess.
I am sure you can do an update on the table but not my area of expertise.
You can try a post hre but I would just do an internet search for updating an access field from date time to date or post it as a question on an access site.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 5:54am

If the table is still in production you may want to make sure any changes do not break something else and that adding new rows will not allow the same issue.

IP IP Logged
FredOh
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote FredOh Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 6:37am
DBlank you rule.  Thanks for all the help.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum