Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Resize varchar doesn’t update crystal report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nate
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote nate Replybullet Topic: Resize varchar doesn’t update crystal report
     Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 8:47am
I've got an existing report with quite a few fields on it.

I have just modified my database changing a varchar(10) to a varchar(20)

When I test it out with data '12345678901234567890' the query against my view works perfectly fine. However, even after I've completed a "Verify Database" it doesn't display the whole value.

I have attempted using a formula to display it, it still truncates it at 10 characters, I have also done a LEN({myfield}) and it displays 10.

I have also used the command "Update datasource location".

Somehow that field length information is stuck.
IP IP Logged
Emir_W
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 228
Quote Emir_W Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 9:13am
try to:
- right click the field
- Format field...
- Common tab
- check for 'Can Grow'
  and put Max number of lines (if needed)
 
 
hope it help.
 
 
Emir W
IP IP Logged
nate
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote nate Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 10:05am
Thanks for the idea, but alas this doesn't help. I have the feeling as though the report still thinks this is a VARCHAR(10) field and is truncating the data.
IP IP Logged
nate
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote nate Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 2:21am
I have resolved it in a roundabout way.

1. I removed this field from my datasource,
2. I then verified the database and the field was removed from the report
3. I then re-added the field to the datasource
4. Then re-added the field to the report

Everything displayed properly.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum