Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Running Totals Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
victord66
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote victord66 Replybullet Topic: Running Totals
     Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 3:42am
I have a report that sorts my top customers by sales (from history file) with a vendor prompt.   I would like to sort by a running totals field but unfortunately it does not show up in the list of available sort fields.   Can someone suggest a solution?

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 3:55am

If your totals are being calculated via crystal your group sort can only happen if you can use the insert ssummary function.

Is there are reason you are using an RT instead of that?
IP IP Logged
victord66
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote victord66 Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 4:40am
I'm a bit of a newbie and am not yet familiar with the insert summary function which is why I'm using running totals.   I'll give that a try, thanks.
IP IP Logged
victord66
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote victord66 Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 7:30am
Thank you for the advice DBlank, it worked great!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum