| Author |
Message |
nathalie
Newbie
Joined: 18 Feb 2010
Location: Lebanon
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
|

Topic: Font Color of a field in Crosstab Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:31pm |
Hi All,
how can i change the font color of a value in crosstab, i want to have the color below:
for grade <50 then Red else Green
i have put the formula below on the color option but it shows all as green,
if grade < 50 then crred else crgreen
Thanks in advance
Nathalie
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
Emir_W
Senior Member
Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 228
|

Posted: 22 May 2010 at 8:52pm |
Try this:
- right click the field (Grade)
- select 'Highlighting Expert...'
- click 'New'
- Value of = 'this field'
- 'is greater than'
- '50'
change the:
- font style
- font color
- etc...
hope it help
|
|
Emir W
|
IP Logged |
|
mmusiol
Newbie
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 7:22am |
Emir W,
This is very useful, but can this be done if the colour is not dependant on this field? I have a cross-tab that shows achievements and targets per month. I am looking to colour code it to be red if the target is not met and green if it is met. Your solution above in the "Value of = " field only allows me to use "this field", "column name" or "row name". Is there any way around this?
Thanks in advance.
|
IP Logged |
|
Emir_W
Senior Member
Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 228
|

Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 9:34pm |
i think, you can create a formula to identify which one met the target or not.
and you can use it in your crosstab and make a condition (highlight expert) for this formula.
hope it help.
|
|
Emir W
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 4:08am |
right click on the cell you want to change
select format field
select Font tab
select the COlor formula
use
if currentfieldvalue<50 then crred else crgreen Edited by DBlank - 12 Jul 2010 at 4:09am
|
IP Logged |
|
mmusiol
Newbie
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 5:17am |
Emir W,
If I add a formula to the crosstab - which is percentage of target achieved, I can use the highlighting expert to highlight this crosstab field only but not the number achieved (which is want I am after). Also, I now have a extra line in the cross tab which is percentage of target achieved...
DBlank,
I have tried this, but it just turns all of the fields red even when some should be green...
Thank you for your help, but I don't seem to have found a solution yet...
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 5:40am |
I assumed you wanted to alter the same field that the <50 or >50 was in.
Are you trying to alter a field based on a different fields result?
|
IP Logged |
|
mmusiol
Newbie
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 5:48am |
Yeah, pretty much. I now have 3 fields in the cross-tab. Actual (achieved), target and percentage of target achieved. Although I can get the colours to work in the percentage of target achieved, I want these colours to reflect in the Actual field and I don't want the percentage achieved showing in the crosstab.
Your help is greatly appreciated!!
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 5:59am |
|
How are you getting the 3 values? Running Totals?
|
IP Logged |
|
mmusiol
Newbie
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 6:04am |
|
No, the actual and target are monthly numerical values. The percentage is calculated from these numbers. They sit in the "details" section. When in the details section, I can colour code them, but once I transfer them into the crosstab, I can't do it! The report is grouped by month and then year - the crosstab sits in the year group footer...
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|