Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: page break in groups - formula help? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sheri
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote sheri Replybullet Topic: page break in groups - formula help?
     Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 6:54am

I need to put a page break before one specific group.  I understand that I can use the Section Expert for the GH and turn on the "New Page Before" function, but then I get a new page for EVERY group, which is not what I want.  I need Groups A, B, C, D all together and a page break only before Group E.  I think I need to write a formula in the New Page Before formula feature, but I am new to Crystal and am NOT a programmer so I don't know how to do that.  Any help would be appreciated!  thanks

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 7:10am
section expert
select group header
select the formula field next to 'New Page before'
formula as
GroupName ({table.grouped_on_field})='E'


Edited by DBlank - 06 Jul 2010 at 7:11am
IP IP Logged
sheri
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote sheri Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 7:46am

thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!  You ROCK!!!  That works and I've been racking  my brain for days trying to figure this out.  Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!

IP IP Logged
oguzhan
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote oguzhan Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 7:36am
Hi i am new to cr xi.
 
I have parameter(string) and values are YES and NO. if user selects YES.  Report starts a new page on each change in Group. I got confused .. Do you have any idea?
Thnx
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 7:46am
open the section expert
select group header you want to do page break on
select formula option (x-2 button) next to 'new page before'
enter the formula
{?param}='YES'
 
if you do not want it for the first group then add in the additional statement
and not onfirstrecord


Edited by DBlank - 12 Dec 2011 at 7:47am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum