Topic: 'Database Login' dialog Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 10:32pm
I'm developing an VB.NET Windows Forms application that uses CR for
VS.NET
My reports get their data from ADO.NET Datasets that are pre-populated
by
other modules of the application.
What I need to do is to use these datasets as the datasources of my
reports.
Fine, I have done that and it works perfectly on my development
box.
The trouble comes when I deploy the application on the client machine. But when it tries to show the reports in the CrystalReportViewer control, it
pops-up the 'Database Login' dialog.
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 4:52am
Its obviously a data connection issue. It could be a persmissions issue with the database on the production side. It could be it needs have user permissions modified to allow access. That is something that gets missed in the process once in awhile.
What happens if you type in the login information into the dialog?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum