I'm fairly new to Crystal reports and I've got a fairly simple report started to pull address data for a mailing out of our database.
I only need those addys in which there is a current account balance. The balance data is by source so the crystal is pulling multiple records for anyone with a balance in more than one source.
I started to use a running total thinking I could then create a formula to pull just the maximum of the running total and use that as part of the record selection.
This is where I'm stuck. I have not been able to find any way to do this in my reading. I searched a bit here but did not find anything.
Is it possible to pull only the max of a running total?
On the flipside, I really dont care about a total. If there is a solution to have crystal stop searching if it finds that first source with a balance and then move on to the next person that would suit my need too.
Any suggestions? I have used a shared variable before and thinking that might be the way to go here.