Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sum of a field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kirandb
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 69
Quote kirandb Replybullet Topic: Sum of a field
     Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 10:53am
I am displaying a field on the report as a formula which is
(SQL column)/1000.
 
Now I want to display the total which should be
sum(field/1000).
 
I tried sum(SQL column/1000)    and  sum(formula)
 
Both doesnt work.
 
Any Suggestions?
 
Thanks,
Kiran
share your knowledge
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 11:44am
This is what I did and it worked.  Two formula.  First one in the detail line that takes a field value and divides by 10 (i.e., {PatientVisitAgg.PatAllocation}/10), second formula sums the 1st formula value, put in report footer in this case (i.e., sum({@calculated field}).
IP IP Logged
kirandb
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 69
Quote kirandb Replybullet Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 3:13am
Thanks. I was mapping the wrong field. Finally got it.
share your knowledge
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum