Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: issue with null values Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pozaronics
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote pozaronics Replybullet Topic: issue with null values
     Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 7:23am

I have a report and I need to have the records where the Application.Item = “BMC DISCOVERY” to be removed. I have used the select record and I have used the in not one of clause

The formula that was generated was

not({BMC_CORE_BMC_ApplicationSystem.Item}) in ["BMC Discovered"])

I have some records that have a null value in:- {BMC_CORE_BMC_ApplicationSystem.Item}

I need to include these records but exclude the records that have "BMC Discovered” in the BMC_CORE_BMC_ApplicationSystem.Item.

 

I Have tried

IIF(ISNULL({BMC_CORE_BMC_ApplicationSystem.Item}),"yes",{BMC_CORE_BMC_ApplicationSystem.Item} )

This does not see to work. However the following does


IIF (ISNULL({BMC_CORE_BMC_ApplicationSystem.Item}),'Yes' , ‘No’ ) then I do get a result

 

I have 2 questions

1)

how can i get a report that include null records but exclude the records that have "BMC Discovered” in the BMC_CORE_BMC_ApplicationSystem.Item.

2) why does the following work

IIF (ISNULL({BMC_CORE_BMC_ApplicationSystem.Item}),'Yes' , ‘No’ )

But this does not?

 IIF (ISNULL({BMC_CORE_BMC_ApplicationSystem.Item}),{BMC_CORE_BMC_ApplicationSystem.Item} , ‘No’ )

thanks



Edited by pozaronics - 30 Jun 2010 at 7:01am
IP IP Logged
Emir_W
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 228
Quote Emir_W Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 9:00pm

try this in 'Report - Selection Formulas - Record'

{BMC_CORE_BMC_ApplicationSystem.Item}<>"BMC Discovered"
 
so it will retrieve all records and (i think) include the NULL one) except 'BMC Discovered' .
 
 
hope it help.
 
Emir W
IP IP Logged
pozaronics
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote pozaronics Replybullet Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 6:17am
I tried this and it does not return the null values
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum