a Command is not a Parameter...it is a datatable that supports Parameter/Report (though I believe it is designed to only support Parameters). When you reference the parameter as something that the command needs to look at, CR asks for the value.
Static means it doesn't change, so asking once is sufficient. As soon as you make it Dynamic, it needs to go and select the values based on some criteria, and needs to ask again.
What I don't understand is the why. Where are you getting the EmployeeID...wouldn't it be from the employee table? If so, why the command. It just seems that you are doing more work than you need to.
I'll be honest, I am not that knowledgable on parameters and commands. I have used them, but I use commands to populate lists for the user to select from. I never use a parameter as part of a command...I want the list, not a filter. If I was to do that, I would use the command to get a list, then I would have the user select from the list, and if I needed to filter the data, I would put the filter criteria in the Report/Selection Formulas/Record.