Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: sum from Views to main report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
vsyriac
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote vsyriac Replybullet Topic: sum from Views to main report
     Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 11:55pm
I have two reports one from linked multiple db and another from views. Eventhough I linked these two, I cannot carry the sum/total from the views to main report.  Is the problem because of the wrong link?
Crystal Novice
IP IP Logged
venky_115
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 67
Quote venky_115 Replybullet Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 5:29pm
are you trying to carry the sum through variable or some other way, Please let me know?
Regards
IP IP Logged
vsyriac
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote vsyriac Replybullet Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 12:01am
I was not, but later I did a subreport and used the Shared Variable and achieved the result.
 
My second problem is, the subreport also need to use the same parameter(input) from the main report, is there a way to do it
 
I appreciate your assistance
Thanks
Crystal Novice
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 6:48am
You should be able to right-click the sub-report (in the main report) and select 'Change Subreport Links'.  You need to set up the same parameter in the subreport as the main report.  Then you should be able to link them.
IP IP Logged
vsyriac
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote vsyriac Replybullet Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 7:24am
A BIG thank you for that.  It worked.
Crystal Novice
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum