Joined: 24 Jun 2010
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: group headers and footers display different vlaues Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 12:04pm
I have a data that looks like this –
PROJECT_ID
WBS_ID
LEVEL1
LEVEL2
LEVEL3
LEVEL4
LEVEL5
LEVEL6
LEVEL7
LEVEL8
LEVEL9
LEVEL_NUM
P10005
1
1
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
1
P10005
1.1
1
1
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
2
P10005
1.1.1
1
1
1
0
0
0
0
0
0
3
P10005
1.1.2
1
1
2
0
0
0
0
0
0
3
P10005
1.2
1
2
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
2
P10005
1.2.1
1
2
1
0
0
0
0
0
0
3
P10005
1.2.2
1
2
2
0
0
0
0
0
0
3
What I need to do in crystals is I need to structure the WBS _ID to look like this –
1
1.1
1.1.1
1.1.2
Sum(1.1) = 1.1.1 + 1.1.2
1.2
1.2.1
1.2.2
Sum(1.2) = 1.2.1 + 1.2.2
Sum(1) = 1.1 + 1.2
I tried grouping the data by level fields but the data seems to show the headers as expected but still not showing the footers properly.
Below a sample output of how I get in crystals – I get the headers right but footers of sum of 1, 1.1 and 1.2 wrong.
1
1.1
1.1.1
1.1.2
Sum(1.1.2)
1.2
1.2.1
1.2.2
sum(1.2.2)
Sum(1.2.2)
I find it has got something to do with the ordering. the present form is ina scending roder, when i do a descending order, the footers look allright..but the headers come wrong.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 4:25am
what should the footers look like. if you are expecting sum(1.1) = 1.1.1 + 1.1.2 to be 2.2.3, then you need to do the math yourself as you can't 'add' strings. you could do something like:
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum