Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Combined Table in Field Explorer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
wisdom
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote wisdom Replybullet Topic: Combined Table in Field Explorer
     Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 10:37pm
Hi
 
Normally when you you open the Field Explorer / Database Fields, you see the tables and you know where exactly it came from the source(SQL).  However, there is this "combined" table listed done by my pre-decesssor (the table name is called something like "table1 PLUS table2"), I thought I could find this on the original source, but I could not find it.  This is odd, so there must be something to be learnt. 
 
Does anyone know how this is done? In this combined table, there is some field that exists but I could not find these data on the orignal table (before they were combined) I am using version 8.5.
 
Thanks!
 
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:12am
I would check database/database expert and see what it says.  If the source ends ;1 then it is probably a stored procedure or view, if it doesn't, it is usually a table.  There could also be a command object (which may say command or might have been renamed) and it would contain SQL code.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum