Joined: 18 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Crystal and Access Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 11:17am
I have a report that I created in Crystal which is connected to an OBDC data base. Because I need to change how some information is viewed, I've tried creating part of the report in Access and then linking the Access table into Crystal. For some reason the information from the Access table will not show in the Crystal report and when I try to place that data in the report I get these errors: "Failed to retrieve data from database. " followed by : "Invalid Argument provided." Then all my fields disappear and I am left with a blank page.
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 11:37am
Several questions need to be asked. What version of CR are you using? What OS are you on? How are you connecting to the Access DB? Is the Access DB on a local drive or a network drive?
FYI: Crystal Reports Server XI R3 on Windows 2008 Server do not work well with a Novell network. Also be aware that all CR apps use the 32 bit ODBC drivers, they will not recognize 64 bit drivers.
Joined: 18 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 10:39am
We are using version XI of CR. Windows XP. However, I am using 2003 Access version which is on my computer but is connecting to the OBDC drivers tables of the institution. I made a table in Access and then added it to the CR report.
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 7:00am
MMM?!? Seems like that should work. We normally connect one of two ways to Access. Use the Access/Excel (DAO) connection or set up an ODBC connection using the 'Microsoft Access Driver' verion 4.00.6304.00.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum