Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Monochrome image pdf export problem Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 9:11am
I have a report with a monochrome bitmap and some black and white text. When I export the report to pdf and print it the printer registers it as a color print. Our company leases production printers and we pay 10x more for color pages than b/w. So far I have not been able to get any black and white image on a crystal report exported to pdf to print using black toner. I have tried printing directly from crystal and it does use black toner. When I save the pdf in postscript and read through the postscript generated the image is being directed to print using [/deviceCMYK] instead of [/deviceGrey]. Anyone here have any idea as to what's happening? Help would be greatly appreciated.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 10:19am
Unfortunately, Crystal doesn't allow you to control much of the internals when you're exporting to a non-Crystal file format. This has been a pet peeve of mine for years. The Crystal to PDF export .dll file probably just defaults to color. There is not way that I'm aware of to control this.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum