Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: image data field can not be seen Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
aspfun
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Quote aspfun Replybullet Topic: image data field can not be seen
     Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 8:24am
My CR data source is a table in which there is a field [Signature] using image data type.
Once I open CR in design view, click Field Explore, I can see [Signature] under list and can drag and drop to report.
When I open Select Expert, I can not find out [Signature].
Can someone help me to fix it?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 8:32am
I am not sure as I do not use that field type but I would think it is not available in the select expert as it can not be used as a filter.
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 8:49am
Hi
 
Agree with DBlank, instead of using Image Field as filter in select expert why don't you use Image Name or ID related to the Image Field and filter the report data.
 
Cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
aspfun
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Quote aspfun Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 9:01am

Thank you for help.

Inorder to display [Signature] in CR, I need to add it into CR.
There is a text filed called [SignatureName].
 
The goal is below:
 
if [signaturename] = 'generic' then //image is null
   do not show [signature]
else
   show [signature]
end if
 
but how to program it?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 9:05am

If I understand you correctly ...

Right click on the image field in the report canvas
Select Format Field
Select the COmmon Tab
Clcik on the Suppress Formula box and add
[signaturename] = 'generic'
IP IP Logged
aspfun
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Quote aspfun Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 9:14am

It works great!

Thank you so much.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum