Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Dates Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
lentil
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote lentil Replybullet Topic: Dates
     Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 7:49pm
Dates in a report

Howdy folks

this is really simple but I am an idiot!

I am trying to get a report in to month order!

I have grouped the dates from

21 Janruary  
 $cm                      Total Cost
27 Janruary 
  $cm                       Total cost

to

Janruary 2010  
$cm                    Total Cost
Janruary 2010  
 $cm                    Total cost

How do I make it so that they group just for one janruary entry and the rest in tthe detail below?

Rgeards

leith

IP IP Logged
Emir_W
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 228
Quote Emir_W Replybullet Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 9:53pm
create a formula (xx):
monthname(month(date_var))+" - "+totext(year(date_var),0,"")
 
and sort it using this formula.
 
Or.. you can group it using this formula.
 
 
hope it help
and glad if it is.
 


Edited by Emir_W - 16 Jun 2010 at 10:31pm
Emir W
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum