Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: TrackIt audit trail Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
NedSchneebly
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Quote NedSchneebly Replybullet Topic: TrackIt audit trail
     Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 2:12pm

Hi all - I am using CR2008.

Not sure if anyone has any experience with this, but I have been asked to write some Crystal Reports based on what is contained in TrackIt's "Audit Trail". I realize this is a CR forum and not a TrackIt forum, but I have googled plenty and can't seem to find anything useful.

Does anyone know how to extract and manipulate the values in the Audit Trail? Or do you know which tables I should even be pulling from the DB? (my guide skips that part, so it's possible you can't even do it at all).

I am expecting <crickets> on this one., but thanks...



Sigless and Bible Black
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 6:17am
I would see if I could access the data tables for the TrackIt, and see if you can guess what it is doing by table names and column names.  Next I would start looking at items that the TrackIt application displays and see if you can find them in the tables.
 
If you don't have access to the tables, well, then I don't have a clue how to go about it.
IP IP Logged
NedSchneebly
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Quote NedSchneebly Replybullet Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 12:36pm

I have access to all the tables (I've written many reports already). I've just never accessed the audit stuff (I don't even know if you CAN access the audit stuff). There are hundreds of tables and thousands of variables, so it would take too long to pull each one up, one-by-one and analyze them to see what they contain. I was hoping there was a TrackIt person on here that has already done this and could point me to the table(s) I need to pull. I could then figure out what to do with the data.

Sigless and Bible Black
IP IP Logged
SnowRider
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 May 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote SnowRider Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2010 at 2:05am
Hi Ned
 
I've also been asked to provide this info. Did you manage to produce a report from the audit trail data in the end?
 
Cheers
Lisa
http://www.airbrushmyphoto.co.uk
IP IP Logged
NedSchneebly
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Quote NedSchneebly Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 11:05am
No luck, Lisa. We contacted the company that wrote TrackIt (Numara Software) and they said you could not access the audit trail. We have since scrapped TrackIt altogether and gone with a product called Cherwell.

But I did poke around a bit more and found that a few of the things that are in the audit trail have their own variables. For instance, if there is an "event", such as an escalation, that is tracked in the WorkOrderEventType. Couldn't find much more than that though. Sorry!

Sigless and Bible Black
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum