Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Optional Table Link question. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ctoledo
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote ctoledo Replybullet Topic: Optional Table Link question.
     Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 8:53am
I have a report that pulls data from two tables, both tables are linked by one field. The majority of the report pulls data from the first table. There are a handful of records that require lookup of data from the linked second table. My problem is that by linking the tables, it seems the report only lists the records that contain linked data on the second table. If I remove the links, all the records display as they should but without any data from the linked table.  How do I link tables and make it optional so that any records from the first table that do not have data on the linked table still display on the report.  I have a field that draws from the linked table and it displays the right info when the tables are linked but the report then omits all records that do not have a corresponding row in the linked table. I played with the LINK OPTIONS but that didnt help much. I hope I was clear in describing my problem.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 10:00am
Do you know about left outer joins?  This appears to be the type of join you need.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum