Joined: 09 Jun 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Topic: Records are skipped if field is null Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 5:36am
I have a crystal report that works great except that if any field value is null, the entire record is skipped. Nothing has been set under "Suppress Blank Section" so I don't know why records are getting skipped. The SQL Server View being used for the report's data source does not skip records so there must be a setting in the report I need to change. I am using version 10 Developer Edition. Can anyone help?
Joined: 09 Jun 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 5:51am
Thanks for your reply. Only "Free Form Placement" and "Keep Together" are checked in the Select Expert for the detail section with nothing entered in the formula editor for either item.
Joined: 09 Jun 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 3:41am
Yes there are joins.
The data source is a View saved in SQL Server. When I open the View in SQL Server Management Studio, records that have the "atty" field null
are displayed. They are not excluded. But if I run the Crystal Report that uses that View as it's data source, then these records are excluded.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum