Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Topic: Looking up values Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 4:45pm
I have two tables: A Projects Table and a Statuses Table.
The Projects Table has a field called "Progress Status" and "Completion Status" both are numbers that relate to the unique ID of the Status in the Statuses Table. In the database I work on the Statuses Table holds all the statuses used throughout the database.
What I want to be able to do is display "Statuses.Description" based on the value in "Projects.Progress Status" or "Projects.Completion Status". How can I do this in Crystal?
I can link "Project.Progress Status" to "Statuses.Status ID" and drag "Statuses.Description" into the report. But as soon as I connect "Project.Completion Status" to "Statuses.StatusID" this does stops working.
If this was excel effectively what I'm doing is a vlookup.
Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 2:12am
Hi,
When you say this does stops working does it mean no data is displayed in the report if yes then their must be join problem. please can you explain a bit more by posting some sample data and what needs to be displayed in the report.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum