Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sort Not working? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ashline
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote ashline Replybullet Topic: Sort Not working?
     Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 5:20am
I have combined a few columns from two different tables using sql code and the union statement.  Everything appears to be working until I go to sort the data.  If I sort the data by date it will sort the data but one table at a time. 
 
I am confused because the reason for doing a Union to combine the tables is that I wanted the two tables to be as one.
 
Anyone have an idea of what I did wrong?
 
I have a pdf of what the report is doing is it possible to attach files in this forum?

Thanks
IP IP Logged
Emir_W
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 228
Quote Emir_W Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 7:54pm

you can attached the file for us to review it.

 
usually i create a stored procedure in sql to link with other tables using JOIN or UNION  command and use this SP in my report.
and i am able to sort any field as i want.
 
 
hope it help.
 


Edited by Emir_W - 07 Jun 2010 at 7:55pm
Emir W
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum