Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Formula not getting numbers Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dcssb
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jun 2010
Location: Malaysia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote dcssb Replybullet Topic: Formula not getting numbers
     Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 9:50pm
I used the following formula to get data into a report using Crystal Version 8.5, but when I converted it to Version 10, no numbers came out, just wonder whether anyone can point out whether there is a change in formula formatting between the 2 versions.

Formula = If {ABCD.type}="L" then Round({EFGH.Amt},2) else 0

The "L" is a transaction type restricted to the formula.

Appreciate in advance all the help I can get.

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 3:09am
I don't use the Basic syntax, and I never used 8.5, but if it worked before, I would have thought it would still work.
 
I would start troubleshooting by just assigning all entries to the formula, then if that works break it into pieces...
first:
Formula = Round({EFGH.Amt},2)
 
then:
If {ABCD.type}="L" then
 Formula = Round({EFGH.Amt},2)
else
 Formula = 0
 
and see if those work. 
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 4:51am
I would have thought it should work also.  I have seen some conversion issues going form 8.5.  Mostly it had to do with the ODBC connection.  We had an issue with FoxPro going from 8.5 to 11.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum